Monday, May 01, 2006

Delhi

As each day passes i feel proud and happy that I am someone who, since birth has lived in only one city, DELHI. From broad roads to 'chaat papri' to north Indian babes, I love it all. Thrice in my 25 year lifespan, there was a definite chance of me going out of Delhi for Studying or for Work, but each of the times I escaped and I am so fu**in happy about it. Now, almost all my good friends have shifted out of Delhi, work being the major factor and I don’t know when would be the next time when we would be together. I feel good when some of them call me up and crib about staying out of Delhi ;)

Last night, I went to Turquoise Cottage, where my friend's office colleague was playing live. The ambience, in one word, was electric. TC, as its better known in Delhi is said to be the best place for live rock music in the city and truly it was. I remember one of my friends telling me about Texas, the live music capital of the US. I wish he was with me last night. Castle Lager pint in one hand and a Marlboro in the other and the head swinging to the rhythm, this was the scene almost everywhere. One of the guys played a Joe Sat solo number and it was as perfect it could have been. Some other songs were Animal and Black (Pearl Jam), Interstate Love Song (Stone Temple Pilots)…

The beer was too expensive but my friend, Shantanu couldn’t resist and decided that he will have just one Fosters pint just for the sake of lightening up his mood. He goes to the counter and says - "Ek foster, two glasses”.... Of course we can’t blame the bartender and expect him to hear everything perfectly in midst of the rocking guitar sounds. He happily gave him a fosters pint and 2 Castle Lager pints ("do Castles")... :D ..

Delhi Rocks....!!


Comments:
Brilliant Dude!!

You don't know how badly I am missing Delhi after reading your post.

Now just do another thing, NEVER LEAVE ITTT

Your Texan Friend
 
have been to Delhi only once..but after reading your post, would love to come again..and this time you would be the host :D
 
My pleasure...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?